1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Broken neck help

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by chalie, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Hi guys,

I am back here once again because of the sad storry and seek for advise.:crying:

I bought a used Ric 4001 from my friend in the states and have my other friend carry the bass back for me to Thailand but I think the bass was dropped while transport and therefore it has a 2" crack at the upper of the neck (please see the pic).
    You would notice the crack well when you rerief the stings tension otherwise there will appear just a fine hair line. If you force the peghead back the crack gona open a bit more.
    There is also a very small open of fret board on the other side (next to the nut) which I don't worry much as this happens to all old basses.

:rollno: I wonder how should I gule this open crack. If I should.

Thank you once again for you kind advice.

Chalie

2. Turnaround

Turnaround Commercial User

May 6, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Independent Instrument Technician, and Contractor to Club Bass and Guitar - Toronto