1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BROKEN OCTABASS

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CactusBass, May 7, 2010.

1. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    I have NO clue whats wrong with it. Powers up, and has a signal when the LED is on and when it isnt on. (activated and bypass). The normal and octave pots seem to just make the signal louder...any ideas??? Am i screwed?

2. JTreehorn

JTreehorn

Jun 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
  3. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    HELP US!!!

4. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    seriously? no one here has any ideas? christ

5. JTreehorn

JTreehorn

Jun 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    ha....patience grasshopper!

I'll probably have a better idea when I get the Unichorus back, which should happen in a couple of days. Were you running your pedal with a power supply or a 9 volt battery? Try it with a battery if you haven't - the Unichorus in question works fine with a battery, not on a power supply though. Maybe it's as simple as opening it up to see if something became unattached?

6. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    are you saying when you plug it in to power supply the led turns on and theres a signal passing through the pedal, but with a battery the pedal actually works?
    I have a disconnected battery wire..ill try to solder it.

7. JTreehorn

JTreehorn

Jun 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Yep - thats what I'm saying. I'll let you know more when I try it - hopefully I can help you.

8. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    Nothing??

9. JTreehorn

JTreehorn

Jun 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    no - turns out everything was ok. How did you make out? Have you tried different power supplies?

10. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    Yup...**** **** ****...