Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Broken pot 44-01

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hammer2748, Feb 19, 2006.

1. hammer2748

hammer2748

Feb 22, 2002
    Hartford, CT
    Hi Lakland owners.....how big a deal is this? The volume pot on the 44-01 I understand pulls to defeat the preamp, but the outer stop doesn't work well allowing the entire shaft to come clean out of the guitar. Is this something simple like a snap ring at the base of the shaft or does this pot simply need to be replaced (what kind of $ are we talking about). If replacement is required, is there a certain brand used or is a pot a pot? Please advise thoughts. It will make a difference if I take delivery of this thing or not (trade for a Spector Korean 5-string)???

Thanks,
    Charlie

PS: I forgot to mention, the pot otherwise works and sounds fine when engaged.

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Email or call up Lakland. Dan is known for his INCREDIBLE customer service. I bet he'll fix it at no charge to you.

3. hammer2748

hammer2748

Feb 22, 2002
    Hartford, CT

Thanks Wafrodamus....actually I already emailed him this morning but I'm sure won't likely hear anything til tomorrow.....that said, I've heard about the fantastic customer service from Dan and that is the primary reason I'm thinking of giving up my Spector 5'er for it. In fact, I'm heading out the door now to give this a final once-over and maybe make the deal. This thing was obviously not well maintained by it's previous owner and I don't want to sink load of $$ into her, but for a broken pot, yeah, she's worth it for the tone alone! It's what I'm hearing in my head. Thanks, though.

Cheers,
    Charlie