1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Broken Pyramid flat wound

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by quindecima, Mar 12, 2018.

1. quindecima

quindecima Inactive

Sep 18, 2016
    Walterville, Oregon
    I just broke the 'A' long scale Nickel flat wound string and need a replacement. Where can I get a single string? Brand new and just putting them on!

2. Where'd you get the set you just got?
    Have you asked if they sell singles?

Looked on line?

Basstringsonline?

3. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Hello. Sorry, but I am not surprised to hear it.

4. toowrongfoo

toowrongfoo

Nov 25, 2017
    Unless they are truly jerks, they will replace it (EB replaced mine with an expensive flat that broke immediately when I tried to change a set)

You might have to get another set for now, and then have the extra for when they do.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I've never had a company deny me. Strings break, it's a fact :(

5. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    contact who you bought them from. they should be able to give you a new set. chicago music exchange just did so with mine

6. bherman

bherman Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    I had a problem with a Pyramid string once (not breaking but really dead E) and contacted Pyramid directly. They sent me a new one fairly quickly.

Pantone 333 likes this.
  7. This happened to me as well. Pyramid responded fast and replaced the string.

8. Did you crimp the string? Pyramid flats are round core and they will break if not crimped.

markjazzbassist likes this.
  9. markjazzbassist

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    i forgot about this, have a set on their way to me, i'll need to do this.

10. I can only imagine how many people have broken their strings not knowing this. It'd be in the billions and zillions! ;-)

markjazzbassist likes this.
  11. markjazzbassist

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    i just got 2 packs in a row where the ball end of the A string was defective. it was smaller than the other strings and would slip through the hole on the bridge. i've emailed pyramid to get replacements. well see how it goes. if i get them i keep playing them, if not i will never play them again even though i love them. i can't blow 120 dollars on broken strings.

12. markjazzbassist

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    Max Junger got back to me and will replace the set. Fantastic customer service :)

Root 5 and Pantone 333 like this.
  13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 5, 2021