Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Broken up

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Circus, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Well, I just needed to vent a bit, so there will be no actual knowledge in this post at all :) . Our drummer is heading to vancouver on the 14th to meet up with a producer who scouted him out last summer, and I am very happy for him. Unfortunately it has caused our band to take a nose dive. We had a talk today, seems our guitarist isn't as serious about this as the singer and I, this doesn't make any sense to me but I won't get into that. It just wouldn't work without the guitarist, and I couldn't really get a strait answer out of him whether or not we should find a new drummer. Our singer is very influenced by reggae and ska, as much as I like those genres, I want to play what we were playing before with the guitarist basicly creating our sound. It's really choking me up that this is over, and I can't immagine playing with anyone else, although I may have to if nothing comes along with whats left of our band. It especially sux because we had lots of gigs comming up.

Anyways, thats definately my monthly quota of emo. Not expecting much for replies, just needed to vent.

2. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Having a band break up sucks, much like having a relationship fall apart. It's not easy. I've been in & out of 2 bands in the few years I've been playing, and not because I wanted to leave. I hated knowing that I was missing potential gigs, and I missed just playing with other people. I guess the best advice is to just keep looking for a new band, which is easier said than done.

Sorry to hear about that, man. I hope things work out.
    :bassist:

3. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Band breakups are basically like divorces, only nobody gets the house. Sorry you have to go through it.