Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Broken wah...what to do?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nomadic Herder, Feb 16, 2002.

1. Hi. I used to have a Dunlop Bass wah. I sold it to a kid I knew, who broke it immediately, and gave it back to me without me giving his money back. It sat on my shelf for a long time and I want to use it again.

When it's hooked up and powered, the signal goes through to the amp, so the jacks and everything in between are fine. But when I press on the pedal, nothing happens. Yes, the knobs are set to full. Could it be a bad pot? Can I get a replacement for it? And lastly, could I use the pot in a volume pedal in my wah? Thanks.

2. weird thing too. the exact thing happened to me! i don't know what to do now!

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    It's probably the actuator, (thing attached to the part you step on). You can order parts from the jim dunlop site if you can ID exactly what's broken. Make sure the teeth from the pedal are actually turning the gear on the end of the pot right under the pedal, if they are, I bet that pot is your problem. they do wear out. Good Luck!!

LINK TO DUNLOP SITE

4. Yeah everything is still moving fine and is still connected. Which leads me to believe its the pot. Thanks.