1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bronco bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Will H, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Will H

Will H

May 23, 2017
    I was just offered a Bronco bass and a Rumble 15, I've been playing for two years on a super high action mexican made p bass (it's really old for a bass). Should I try it out? I was offered 700 dollars but obviously tried to get actual market price (300 dollars). What should I do?

2. ScarfFace

ScarfFace Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2014
    La Crosse WI
    Why don't you just get a good setup done on your P Bass?

3. Will H

Will H

May 23, 2017
    Sentimental value. It was my uncles, and he doesn't want me to change it too much, which is ok with me seeing as I don't really care to that much (it's a lot of work and I don't feel comfortable disecting something that's older than I am)

4. Will H

Will H

May 23, 2017
    The bass and amp have been confirmed to be 300 dollars total, but it's unlikely I can bargain for less.

5. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    Get a pro setup on your Uncle's bass. That's not changing it, that's respectfully MAINTAINING it. Bring it back to full-playability.
    If it's a Mexi, it ain't THAT old.

Teacher, Dr. Cheese and jaybones like this.
  6. jaybones

jaybones Banned

Mar 4, 2015
    Kelleys Island, Ohio
    none
    ^^^ THIS 100%! ^^^

There are plenty of people gasing over pre CBS Fenders that weren't even alive back then.

Older doesn't (necessarily) mean bad or good.

Teacher likes this.