1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Brood pic: 2 prs of twins and an alien jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lomo, Mar 13, 2009.

1. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Finally got around 2 it...From L to R:
    Raoul (passive Elrick Classic V, 34", P/J, walnut/birdseye, 7.1 lbs, TI Jazz flats), Amos (Elrick Classic V, 34", Aeros, OBP-3, ash/Mac ebony-Elrick tounds), Clementine (Basslab Soul V, passive, entirely hollow, 5.1 lbs), Cletus (Roscoe Beck V-Slinkies) and Rufus (Roscoe Beck V-Smith smooth rounds),
    Not pictured-the "beach" bass, a TBP MM Ver for travel.

Color me fortunate:hyper::bassist::hyper:

Attached Files:

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Nice- do you have any close-ups of the P/J Elrick?

3. NICE++++eSP THE MIDDLE ONE.Wouldn't ya figure,most expensive 1.Oh well,least I got good taste.

4. lomo

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Not yet, but I'll take some good ones in the daylight tomorrow and post 'em. That one and the Basslab are my 2 faves. The quality of the Elricks is easily on par with a NYC Sad IME. In fact I ordered a NYC Sad and returned it after a trial because the Classic body shape feels so good in my hands (I already had the ash/Mac ebony Elrick) and ordered the 2nd Elrick. The fretwork is perfect, and the feel and sound with the TI flats (my 1st experience with them) remarkably even (reminds me of my old Dingwalls in that respect). It's the lightest solidbody wood bass I've played and still balances well. Gives me a %$#@ eating grin every time I play it.

5. lomo

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal

Attached Files:

6. lomo

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    and a couple more......sorry for my suboptimal digital photo skills...

Attached Files:

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Your Classic is the first one I've ever seen to have the rounded transition between the top wood and the body below the upper horn- that's something that's on all the e-volutions, but not on the Classics (it's usually a straight line). Did you request it to be made that way?

8. lomo

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    You, Sir, have an eye for detail:D. No, all I specified were the woods, P/J config, scale and the fact that although it's passive a control cavity has been made just in case. I guess it's just what struck Mr. E's fancy at the time.