1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Brooklyn Gear "The Perfect 2x15"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by James Hart, Apr 24, 2006.

1. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    so I'm sitting in the john reading my latest BP mag and something caught my eye...

Page 18 -

Brooklyn Gear Perfect Series Cabinets
    BGCAB2x15 ($1,695 list, $1,350 street) a.k.a "The Perfect 2x15"

The Perfect Cabs have 4" mid-high driver...

Anyone see/hear one of these yet???? I don't see them on their site... I think I may need to make a city run to try one out.

2. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ..."Holy NV Bergs Batman"...

~S~

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    No 215 on the site in a long while... no 15+310 either.

Plus I'm hoping the Perfect 2x15 is a ported cab

4. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...guess someones trying to "follow" in the 2x15 config since Berg has stopped...

Just the name "Perfect" puts a BIG damper on my interest...great name...LOL!...

~S~

PS: I'll still contest that the NV215 is one of the greatest cabs EVER made...bar none...

5. chris4001asat

chris4001asat

Dec 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    Warehouse Manager : Reverend Guitars
    How about my 215 with two 6's from Lowdown Sound! About $800, and only weighs 70 lbs!

6. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    I'd definetly love to give a LDS 2x15 a whirl, I've heard a lot of great things about them...

~S~

PS: They're ported, correct?

7. Balsa wood?

:D

Man, oh man, that is light weight. Four drivers, and enough wood to contain two 15s and two 6s.

8. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I saw those, too, and did some digging around, but there appears to be frightfully little information regarding these cabs... :meh:

9. chris4001asat

chris4001asat

Dec 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio

Definitely ported. Although you could probably order one not ported if you wanted. Don will build anything you can think up.

10. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm interested in hearing more about it...

11. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    I'd rather have something engineered... but yes, I have heard a lot of good stuff about his cabinets!

12. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    +1

13. chris4001asat

chris4001asat

Dec 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
  14. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    I dunno... :meh: As far as I'm concerned, I found perfection in 15" bass drivers: the creation of Lord Bergantino...

The NV215

...so, anything else would be nothing less that blasphemy... :smug:

15. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    I don't like sealed box cabinets. I've played enough of them over the years to have made that generalized opinion. If the NV215 was ported AND still made, I'd consider it.

At this point it looks like I'm gonna give an SWR 12-Stack an extended tryout :bassist:

16. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Just curious, but why don't you like sealed cabs? And why do you think that such a generalization is valid? Not trying to knock you or be a jerk, but it just seems like such a generalization has very little chance of validity - at least in regard to a well-engineered, well-designed product.

Tom.

17. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Not trying to get down on you about Don, but he won't let you do anything dumb. He won't build you a cabinet that won't work ("let's put 6 12" neos in a box 16x16 - one on each side!") if for no other reason than his name is going on it.

18. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    of the dozens I've used over the years... just about every time I felt something was 'off' in my bass & amp interaction it was a sealed box. Too tight, too restricted, maybe it's in my head, but that's fine with me... I've made a personal choice / preference... like my reaffirmed dislike of horns or tweeters. I really should have added the "for me" clause to my last statement...

anyway I was asking for info on a "Brooklyn Gear" cab, not the NV team telling me that a cab I can't buy new is better ;)

(and yes, the NV stuff is top shelf. Just not for me... real dang close, but I've passed on them)

19. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Just curious, what other sealed 215s have there been besides the NV? My EV 215 is ported, as are Mesas.

20. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Ooooo.... that cab would RAWK!!!! ;)

I hear ya, like I said, I've heard nothing but good stuff about his cabs. I'm browsed the site a few times actually.