Brotherhood of Groove on the Move!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stewmc5222, Sep 9, 2004.

1. hey all,

for fans of funk, jazz, blues, and general musical mayhem, the Brotherhood of Groove will be on the road a bunch over the next months promoting their new album. if you want to check out Conklin and Bee 8- and 10-string fretted and fretless basses coming through an AccuGroove El Whappo and Whappo Grande, come to the show. here are some of the dates (the radio show will be simulcast on the 'new at

Sat. Sept. 11th from 6-8pm WWOZ radio studio's or 90.7 fm new orleans , Louisiana

Sat. Sept. 11th The Superdome
    4:00 pm show for Tulane football game! New Orleans , Louisiana

Sat. Sept. 25th Parish room, House of Blues
    w/ Sublime Lens New Orleans, louisiana

Wed. Sept. 29th Wall Street
    Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Thurs. Sept. 30th Cafe Portifino
    Boone, North Carolina

Fri. Oct. 1st Blind Tiger
    Greensboro, North Carolina

Sat. Oct. 2nd Brandyhouse
    Atlanta, Georgia

Sat. Oct. 9th Louisiana Music Factory
    free show at 2:00 pm New Orleans , Louisiana

Thurs. Oct. 21st DBA
    New Orleans , Louisiana

Fri. Nov. 12th Bamboo Room
    Lakeworth , Florida

for more information, you can check out these sites, too:

hope to see some friendly faces coming through the funk!

from the lows,

2. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    Manager: AccuGroove Speakers
    Wish you guys were coming to the west cost. Your new Brotherhood of Groove CD rocks & grooves all night long!

3. hey Mark,

we're probably coming to the West Coast this winter. I'll keep you informed, man.

thanks for the kind words on the disc. it was big fun to do the album. great guest performers! I think the new stuff will surprise you...

from the lows,

4. I listen to WWOZ every Saturday night for the Brass Band Jam and the Soul Power. Gives me my weekly dose of funk. Anyway, I will check you guys out online this Saturday, and watch for you when I am in the Big Sleazy (its my favorite little getaway). Good luck, and come through Memphis sometime. I'll spread the word via a local music email ring (Memphis Music Crew).
  5. Man, that's an incredible rig. Happy gigging to you.
  6. hey guys,

thanks for the kind words. WWOZ should be fun. they're kind enough to occasionally play my solo stuff, too. as to the Memphis run, keep checking my site and the band's for info. I'll post here, too.

and FC, thanks for the rig review. it'd be great to have you check it out some time. lemme know if we're ever in the same area and we can do a gear hang.

from the lows,

7. Hey Stew, I should be at Winter NAMM again this year, so hopefully I'll see you there. I love hearing those Whappos!
  8. hey funky,

it'd be great to hang! you'll usually find me where there are Conklins, AccuGrooves, Bees, and crazy bassists!

:smug: :bassist:

from the lows,

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

You need to come to the Dallas area!:D
  10. we're definitely hoping to make Texas a regular part of our local circuit, so let me know if you think there are places that would be a good fit for our kind of musical mayhem...

from the lows,

11. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Dang it, Lakeworth is too far away from MUST play here somewhere, for criminy's sake, Bass Central is here!!!

12. hey man!

long time, no words! how've you been? what's the latest?

we're definitely trying to add locations to our Florida venues, so feel free to make recommendations. you can email me even if there's none of that on your mind!

from the lows,

13. Stew, your visits to Atlanta seem to have the same effect as a TB get together, it's a sure thing I'll have a gig that day. Good luck with the tour, hope to catch ya'll one day.
  14. hey Joe_A,

sorry we'll miss each other. if it's any consolation, the rest of the BOG will bein Atlanta tonight seeking shelter from Hurricane Ivan!

from the lows,

15. I was glad to see N.O. dodged another one. I hope your folks got out of Atlanta before it hit here. Just spent 16 hours w/o power.

If they are still in town, they might want to hang on for the weekend, dryer weather and some good music at Harvest Fest.
  16. thanks, man! we were pretty lucky (knocking on wood) and now everyone's up in Oxford, Mississippi for a 2 night stand. we're all back home again tomorrow.

from the lows,