Brought home a new Taurus

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DeadMike, Aug 2, 2005.

1. DeadMike

May 17, 2005
    Des Moines, IA
    I pulled the trigger last night at our local GC and brought home a Washburn Taurus t25 5-string. The bass is absolutely amazing and my first 5-string. I figure that it will become the workhorse among my Fender fretless jazz, Dean acoustic and Ibanez (which was my first bass).
  2. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain

(You know the RULE: No pics = that bass only exists in your head ;) )
  3. vic_6

Dec 19, 2004
    Manila, Philippines
    that's great!!! i love my t25 except for it being quite neck heavy. but it's cool. i really like the tone i get from it and the look is sweet!

you can get REAL low action on that and the tone is real versatile (for me at least. i've played classic rock, hardcore, death metal, pop and a few hip hop on mine).

i've had mine for almost 3 years now and i've never had any problems with it.

sadly, from what i hear, the quality control of washburn isnt too good. so i hope you got a good one. and some people really dont like the electronics on it. and the thing about the pick ups is, if you dont like it, i dont think you can replace them since they're not standard sized.

anyway, enough babbling from me. congrats man! glad to hear that someone here's got a t25 too! peace! :bassist:

4. DeadMike

May 17, 2005
    Des Moines, IA
    I played it for the first time with my band last night and it was amazing. I promise to post pics when I get a chance. I'm running it through my Fender Bassman 150 and I think it sounds pretty good. Smooth, you know?

Anyway, we recorded the session and I was trying to mix everything pretty well,'s going to take some practice. At first I had the mix way too high on the bass and the drums practically disappeared. Then I dropped it down a bit and almost completely lost the bass. Oh well, better luck next time.