1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Brought home a Zoom B2.1u

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by greengoblin, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Haven't had much time to play with it yet, only abut a half hour when I got home.. So far I like it and it does exactly what I want it too.

Being that I moved to FL and now live in a condo with a neighbor attached, I have to play way too quiet for my liking. So I wanted somethign I could hook headphones to and not disturb the neighbors. This is my first effects of any kind for my bass and so far I have only played it through my iPod headphones on a clean signal. Hoping to get some time to figure out how to really use it and the software today.... Just need to run out and get a USB cable and another headphone jack adapter.

Anyone have any tips or suggestions?

2. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    I got some Nady QH-660 headphones from musicians friend. Pretty cheap, nice low end response. Those ear buds or walkman type headphones will not do it for bass. As for the Zoom, I sugest a search, there are several threads on it with all kinds of patches and ideas. Have fun.

3. I just got back from picking up some JVC DJ Style headphones. The ear buds weren't too bad.

4. Ok, I have been playing through the zoom for the past two hours... The first hour or so were getting all the settings corret and getting everything to work....

After a while I finally figured out how to play along with a song using the USB cable, Cubase software and headphones. I like it for the most part, but needs some more tweaking. Right now i cant get a good mix of song vs. my bass.... One always seems to over power the other or it seems a bit muddy together.

As far as effects... I didn't buy it for that really. Tried goign through some of the heads and cabs... Went through some of the effects also... Not bad, but I tend to prefer to have the effects off and play it clean...

5. Check out the attached excel files for some cheat sheets

6. Thanks! I saw that in a thread earlier... Haven't had a chance to play with those settings yet though.

7. epoxo57

epoxo57 Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2005
    Perrysburg, Ohio
    Just got mine yesterday and love it already with not much tweaking yet. I have the G2 for my Epi Les Paul and loved it so much I had to get its "cousin". The expression pedal is cool, and I wish I would have forked out the extra $ for the G2.1u

8. I have a G1x that I use for guitar and piccolo bass and it is the house gtr efx and all the guest players have been impressed with the sounds and several have purchased their own Zoom.

9. epoxo57

Feb 17, 2005
    Perrysburg, Ohio
    Is there a way to save the master level for all patches when you are in "edit" mode on the control setting? It seems to set them all, but when I turn the unit off and on and check the master level for a single patch, its back to where it started (say "88" when I moved it to "1.0"). I tried to do the typical save function but again, it didn't stay. Each individual patch volume saving (3) works fine, but its different than the master level.

Thanks,
    Scott

10. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    I've been having the same problem, it always is at 80 when I turn it on. I've recently discovered that my Compulator works much better after the Zoom with the master level at 50. So I have to remember to set the level every time I turn it on.

11. I think you can go into the Control Module where parameter 3 will set the output Master Level and save it.

12. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    Yes but it resets itself when you turn the power off.

13. epoxo57

Feb 17, 2005
    Perrysburg, Ohio
    Yep, thats my dilemma :confused:

14. I believe mine is going back fellas..... I bought it solely for the play along with music through headphones capabilties... Being that it doesn't have a dedicated Aux input and you have to reconfigure your computer to use it in such a way, its just too much of a pain.. I messed with Cubase and my computer for 2 hours yesterday and never got it to work how it did the day I brought it home. So I am taking it back in favor of a POD... It's a good pedal if you want to use it for effects and the foot switches. But for playing through headphones with music, Zoom dropped the ball by not having an aux in......

15. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Send them a letter suggesting it.

16. Ok, I must've been having a serious brain fart yesterday. Got it to work today. Not sure what I was thinking, but I didn't have my earphones plugged into the comp last week, they were plugged into the back of the Zoom..

It's working great and I am hanging onto it! :bassist:

Although a dedicated AUX IN would be much easier. :)

17. An aux in is certainly a big miss on Zoom's part, as good a job as they did on this unit and they leave that off, duh.