1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Broughton Power stage tube pedal (mint)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by johnk_10, Dec 31, 2017.

1. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    Price:
    Selling my Broughton Power Stage. Made in 2015 these are no longer listed for sale by Broughton. I love this pedal but just need to fund another project.
    here's a good description of it:

The input stage is a Jfet booster to hit the pentode with a hot signal. The Boost control is essentially a volume control off of the Jfet.

The pentode can operate from Triode to Pentode mode and variations in between (ultra-linear mode) using the morph control. Fully CW is Pentode, fully CCW is Triode.

The output of the pentode feeds an output transformer. The output signal is very hot and can cause some transformer coloration. The transformer steps the signal down and allows for a much lower output impedance to drive whatever is next in your signal path.

The pedal runs off of a standard 9VDC power supply. The current draw is 200mA. If your supply cannot provide the current, the voltage will sag and you will hear a hum. The tube heaters are regulated at 6.3VDC. The pedal uses a switch mode power supply to ramp up the voltage to 150VDC.

asking $230 shipped in the contUSA. paypal accepted.

here's a pic of the actual pedal that you will receive:

B-PStage-01.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    Dee-man and joker820 like this.
  2. joker820

joker820 Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2014
    I was lucky enough to get my hands on one of these. Awesome and unique pedal!

3. looper

looper Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    MPLS
    Same here, love mine!

4. johnk_10

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    i love this pedal, so if someone doesn't buy it soon, before i change my mind, i'm keeping it.

5. johnk_10

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    sold, pending payment.

6. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Happily trending in my own peculiar direction. Supporting Member

Dang me, missed it.