Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"Brown Funk (for Ray)", Could someone buy it for me?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by panos, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Hi everybody,
    I'm Panos, a new member of TB and I live in Greece, a small country in Europe.
    With my jazz group, we want to play a piece of Christian McBride, it is the "Brown funk (for Ray)" , from his album "A Family Affair". It is important to me to hear this song in order to transcript the theme melody for the sax player.
    I have this piece from the Cd "Super Bass 1", but it doesn't help this version.
    I tried many times to buy this song (as mp3, $.99) from internet. I tried Napster, Yahoo, Realplayer Music store, etc...
    I failed because this service is not avalaible yet for countries outside of US.

I thought maybe someone of the TB members could buy it for me, and of course i'll send his money with Paypal or something. Somebody could help?

2. Yiasa vre horiani!!!!!!

I'll let you know if I find that tune.. Just wanted to say Hi to another Greek!

3. Yia sou Bobby!!!! Ti kanis? (!!!)
    Thank you for responding. I'd be happy if you could find something about this tune, i've become desperate.
    I come from Thessaloniki but i live in Creta for many years.
    And you, which region of Greece do you come from?

4. Hi, and welcome to TB :).

Unfortunately I don't have the album but there is a nice 1 minute clip of that song on Amazon. There is a sax melody played towards the end of the clip, but I am not sure if it's the "whole thing" or if you need more of the song.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...art_li_6/102-2870698-5604150?v=glance&s=music

Christian is pretty well known among bass players, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone around here has that album and can help you out more.

John

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I try to visit Greece at least once a year and I was in Thessaloniki last year! :)

I was on a walking holiday in Halkidiki - but we spent some time in the city!

I visited the Kalamata region in May, this year...

6. Bruce Lindfield

PS - you might get more replies and more help, if you post this request in the DB area...?

7. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    :meh:

If I were a betting man-
    I'd bet you more EB players own Family Affair vs. URB players.

8. Bruce Lindfield

Sorry - I don't know the album - I was just going on the Ray Brown reference!! :p

9. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Yeah, but the 'gadget' bass is omnipresent on that McBride album.
    ...maybe 50/50, IIRC.

It is called Family Affair(Sly & the Family Stone) after all!

;)

10. The fact is that i am just a DB player, but i thought it could be easier here because in the version i search Mcbride plays EB.

This is amazing! If you ever visit Creta, you are wellcome !

11. Finally i found a guy that he'll help me!

bobbykokinos, JimK, Bruce Lindfield, jnprather,
    thank you all for your posts and your interest, it is so nice here in the bass community...