brown note

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by stonedbassist, Apr 14, 2002.

1. stonedbassist

stonedbassist Guest

Mar 16, 2002
    has anyone had their bass go out of tune at a major gig, resulting in "the brown note"? I could just imagine the results.
  2. even if that were a real note, you'd need obscene amounts of amplification to make it work. think, mcfly.
  3. JP Bassman

JP Bassman

Jun 18, 2001
    well according to south park the brown note is 12 cents below the lowest octave of E flat. Hence the "lowest octave" part...i dunno which octave taht is, but I'm quite sure a bass can't do it. Then again, that one time i was out of tune and I did crap my pants...wait, what?! who said that?!?!

you killed kenny! you bastards!! :D

im tired :D :rolleyes:
  4. NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001

5. danqi

May 21, 2001
    What exactly is "the brown note"?:confused:
    I have asked that before somewhere but I think the question was just too dumb for anyone to answer.:( ;)
  6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    It's the note that makes you lose control of your bowels.
  7. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    and only last week some dude was asking why most of JT's basses are brown :D
  8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

£10 notes in the UK are mostly brown! So 5 = Blue, 20 = Mauve and 50 = Red. The brown note is the tenner! ;)
  9. An upright player I vaguely know who is into playing all sorts of odd ball harmonics said one of his teachers claimed to have hit the brown note on the low E on an upright by somehow digging in with the bow on an open note and triggering a harmonic two octaves below the actual tuning of the string.
  10. Jiimy

Mar 3, 2002
    Athens AL, USA
    there is actually a brown note, i dont think any instrument can make it

cops in big cities use a machine that produces it to make like people crap themselves and stuff then they move in for the arrest while the target is "disabled"
  11. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
  12. what frequency is the "brown note"?
  13. Jimmy_K

Mar 2, 2002
    England UK

Heheheheeee why those lowdown doity rotten personss.....funny tho! What will they think of next.!.!
  14. Mohawk Freak

Mohawk Freak

Mar 8, 2002
    Hmm, no brown note but a couple of weeks I made my guitarist feel sick. After the song he went downstairs clutching his gut and couldn'd play again for half hour or so. Last gig I thought I was gonna make myself pass out. I'd lost my plugs and was playing 6 foot in front of my rig, louder than in practise. For the first three songs my head was spinning all over the place. I think I got used to it after that but still felt a bit funny!

Crazy stuff!:eek:
  15. I think that the military determined that the bowel disrupting frequency is 7 Hz. That is below the reange of human hearing, and you need something like a 30 inch motor-driven subwoofer to produce the frequency.

You ain't gettin that low on any bass geetar.
  16. the brown not is easy, just up your mids and bass then cut your highs... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  17. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Have a search on google for infrasound. They did some big research thing on it. Notes can be produced that can disorientate people completely and make them feel sick for hours afterwards.

Just did a quick search myself, take a look at this one: Interesting stuff.
  18. vaguely, claimed, somehow, sounds fishy.... hehe

I have heard of that before, and the idea of a bunch of cops using that on a riot is absolutely hysterical
  19. silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Bag End ELF subs will go down to 8Hz. I bet with one of their 4-18" enclosures, enough power, and Jauqo III-X's new sub-contra bass, you could get REAL close. Close enough to feel sick.
  20. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Whoa, whoa, SUB-contra? What is it's range?!