brown sunburst on a MIM deluxe J

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by savagelucy, Jun 15, 2002.

1. savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    Does anyone have a pic of a Deluxe Active Jazz bass with a Brown sunburst finish? I havent been able to find one anywhere.
  2. Wouldn't it look like a regular sunburst jazz bass except the control plate would look different? (ie. No input jack and an extra control knob?)
  3. savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    i would think so, but i have never seen BROWN sunburst, just 3-colour and 2-colour. Plus i want to see what the bass looks like with it.
  4. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Well, don't forget that the "deluxes" have a tortoise shell pickguard.

Just close your eyes and think reeeeeaaaallllly hard.
  5. savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    doesn't anyone have a picture of this bass????
  6. I don't have a picture of that specific bass in brown sunburst, but here's one of a Yamaha BEX4C Hollow Body. This should give you a good idea of what your Jazz bass will look like.

7. DBeall

May 10, 2002
    Vancouver, Wa
    I can put up a pictue of a MIM Jazz bass with a 3 tone sun burst if you want...
  8. savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    I think I've found one. The site I got it from says its a 1962 reissue, but I don't think they had active electronics back in the day.
    Every picture I've seen of brown sunburst looks completely different (i've only seen it on guitars and that bass that JF posted). Some are really dark and some are really bright.

this one looks good tho
  9. Mine is a lot like the one in the previous post. Not at all like the Yamaha that was posted. Mine doesnt get very yellow in the middle, but it also isnt close to brown. I actually love the looks of it very much, ESPECIALLY with the tortoise guard.