brown truck drove past my house today at lunch...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by robb., May 10, 2004.

1. i received a warwick quadruplet preamp. i haven't even had a chance to check it out yet, but i expect great things. i'll post a report this evening after i use it in rehearsal. until i buy a power amp, i'm borrowing a peavey GPS 1500 from the lab to power my bergantino HT-112.

2. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Just picked one up recently myself.

Nice tone variety with the 4-way selection. Scooped on the two mid controls, on #4...nice straight up all around rock tone. Get a nice nasally but thick tone on #2 with the bass boost engaged.

Not a very common pre stateside. I'm not a huge fan of current warwick basses, but this pre, and the 410 they make a great.

I push a QSC RMX-2450 through BagEnd D10B-D and S15B-D.

Great all around rig.
  3. i've played their quad VI head a couple times before at elderly instruments in lansing, MI with really enjoyable results. i felt like the quadruplet was a known quantity, even though i've never actually played one, and it's fairly rare. with a good power amp, it's more of a good thing.

i got it at a pretty good price, too, but not good enough to brag about.

it's strange, though, that i didn't really like any of the tones i got with a warwick bass through the quad VI. i guess i'll just have to stick with a sterling for my gold standard tone.

4. i have never sounded better. the quadruplet has a thick, but articulate sound that i have never achieved with anything else. as much as i loved the tone i got from my former ampeg SVP-BSP, i understand why i had to sell it. the warwick destroys it.

i was able to get so many different tones, from great pick tones to nasally finger funk, to thick and deep. i must've gotten at least a dozen different tones at rehearsal last night that all sounded good.

the quadrumatrix switch is really sweet. i used all four positions quite often for different songs and feels and each was a really useful launch point from which to further tweak the EQ.

i also had more headroom than i've been used to playing with since i got a bergantino HT-112. i was powering it with a peavey GPS 1500 power amp, bridging 1100W into 8 Ohms. i had plenty of current reserve to power huge, blooming low notes that weren't muddy in the least.

it was more fun than i've had playing bass in a while. this is definitely a keeper. now all i need is a power amp, and my rig is done for the forseeable future. no GAS here.