1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Browne basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by allenhumble, Aug 27, 2007.

1. allenhumble

allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    Am I the only one that really digs these basses? I know that his designs can come across as a little extreme but the craftsmens ship in the wood working appears to be very nice.

2. contakt321

contakt321

Jul 31, 2006
    New York, NY
    I don't know anything about them but they look amazing.

3. Have kind of a modern CT look to 'em.

4. allenhumble

allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    here is a couple more pics of another body design and a link to his site. Its worth checking out.

http://www.brownebasses.com/

This bass acctually belongs to a TB member.

5. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Since I first saw them last year, I have totally wanted one. But his prices seem to be way out of my budget if they go for anything near what Carl's go for. I love his Gnome basses.

6. Mike's work is very good. His production has picked up a lot lately. He's taking orders and his price list is listed on the website. Very cool basses.

7. allenhumble

allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    He used to work for CT, and I dont think his prices are close to CT, and you get to make choices with Mike Browne.

8. user_name

user_name

Jul 22, 2004
    Sooooooo you wanna Browne bass do ya? Well let me say that I've owned and played a crap-ton of basses, Warwick, Ritter, Carl Thompson, Fender, Eshenbaugh, Alembic, blah blah blah. But in all honesty Mike makes the finest bass I have ever owned or played. I own a 6 string, and have a 5 string on the way.
    http://www.brownebasses.com/andrew.html
    http://www.brownebasses.com/forsale3.html

They sound great, play better, the woodwork and construction are perfect. It's not a choice you will regret. Also, here's a review my friend did of his Browne bass.
    http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass/product/Browne+Basses/Gnome/10/1

9. allenhumble

allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    Im sold

10. scottm

scottm Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    :- )

11. allenhumble

allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    I wasnt aware thatmost builders refund deposits.

12. user_name

user_name

Jul 22, 2004
    Sir.....I think you are quite mistaken about that. No one has ever had to go and help finish their own bass for Mike. Stevie G, DID go and learn to build basses with Mike, and left before it was finished. So get your facts straight, before you say things you have no idea of what you are talking about.

13. BrowneBasses

BrowneBasses Bass Builder

Sep 4, 2003
    Sparrow Bush, NY
    Thanks all!

14. BrowneBasses

Sep 4, 2003
    Sparrow Bush, NY
    :bassist:

15. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    I had a similar thing happen with a build by Matt Pulcinella. The top wood was just not working and he had to start again from scratch. Hey, it happens and if we want the custom basses, we must go with the flow.

I'm sorry for both of you, but it's in the past and you have both stated you case (not that it's up to us to judge either way) in this open forum.

And Mike, I am sorry to hear about the passing of your mother, you have made a beautiful piece to honor her remains.

My best to all...

16. scottm

scottm Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Mike Browne and his wife are both very nice people.
    God Bless - ScottM

17. Hey Mike, have you ever built/will you build a 7?

18. BrowneBasses

Sep 4, 2003
    Sparrow Bush, NY
    I'm actually in the process of building an 11.

19. :eek:

For someone involved with uranium-fueled leporidae, perhaps?

:ninja:

You've got a PM coming your way.

20. I think I just got some major GAS