Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

brubaker basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by instigata, Mar 11, 2006.

1. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    these look awesome. anyone have any experience with them. relatively high prices.

the insertable eq modules are an EXCELLENT idea, if they develop different ones to get different bass sounds.

i always wondered if you could somehow have like.. interchangeable pickups. i know spalt guitars made the vViper bass... but i mean all out place a musicman pup here, j there. itd have to be like plug and play.. some special adaptors.

but anyway, any one of any brubakers used ? :)

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Brad Johnson owns about five or six of them, as well as works with the company.

Do a search for posts by him about Brubakers and you'll see all the info you could want on them.

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    The basses start under $2k. From there it depends on where you want to go:D

There was a used 2000 NBS-1 on eBay a couple of weeks ago. It was also for sale locally. Wider than normal at the nut, Bartolini J pickups and preamp, purple quilted Maple top on Ash with Maple neck/Cocobola fingerboard. MOP side inlays. I got a chance to play it and it blew me away. I bought it and have done several gigs with it.

I own a bass with the removable preamp module, I used a Bart NTMB for the first year but fell in love with an Aguilar OBP-3 on this particular bass. The idea of removable pickups has been tossed around and that's all I can say about it.

Disclaimer;):

I started giving Kevin a hand after buying most of my basses. While I'm obviously biased, I also own and gig with Elrick, MTD, Fodera, F Bass, Fender, Ambush.... well, you get the picture;). Brubakers are my main basses.

Here's the one I just got along with most of the rest.

Attached Files:

4. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    DROOOOOOOL. Dang, I still need to check those out at some point.