Brubaker basses??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jvtwin, Aug 9, 2001.

1. jvtwin

jvtwin What it needs is a little more cowbell

Jan 26, 2001
    LA Calif.
    Hey- is anyone familar with Kevin Brubaker Basses? I just came off their web site at and was knocked out! They look great, but can't tell from a picture what the truth is!

Any info, especially you back east guys!

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Kevin is a Maryland builder, nice guy, builds excellent basses. I've been to his shop a couple of times, timing and strange deals have kept me from owning one...yet.

His NBS-series basses are excellent.
  3. jvtwin

Jan 26, 2001
    LA Calif.
    I talk to jeff smith and he sent me pictures of a NBS series bass ready to go. What do you think. It bitchen, but I think I'd still like to order one to my specs.

Tough call!
  4. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    there is a used one for sale, it's kind of a cherry color with a maple fret board. I think it's 1800$.
    If you are interested I can try to find it again.
  5. jvtwin

Jan 26, 2001
    LA Calif.

Thanks Yvon, but if I decide to purchase a Brubaker, I've decided to have it custom built to order.

But thanks for keeping an eye open. Thats what this site so great!:D
  6. Man, I haven't been here in a long time, but saw this topic and HAD to respond. I'm a recent convert to Brubaker basses and I now own two--one that I purchased from the company, and one that I purchased from a Talkbass member (through I have one more on the way that's being made at the moment. I love em! I wrote a pretty extensive review of the first one at my web page:
  7. PJR

Jun 20, 2001
    N.E. PA
    ....I'm with Funky.....

I've just completed a Great deal with the Brubaker Folks.....and should have mine sometime this week.

(..on a new, already built bass......I believe there is a slight [ read several month ] wait on new orders)

I'll be sure to post pics and report !!

8. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I've played them a couple times. Great basses. Attention to detail and quality is definately there. As they say in the country: They ain't cheap!!!
  9. Yeah, I placed my order about 2.5 months ago, and I just got word from them that mine is headed towards the finishing stage. Supposedly, Peter knows some secret about my bass, but he's not telling. I'm really excited about this one though--I ordered the Lakland configuration (MM/J), so I think it'll be pretty cool and different from my others.