1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Brubaker Brute Custom Pickguard...dual humbucker!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by mmbongo, Oct 12, 2013.

1. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Do you want to have the baddest Brute on the planet? Well you need this. I had Kevin Brubaker customize this pickguard for me a while back but never got around to finishing the project completely.

If you ask me, the HH looks awesome on a Brute and should be the standard. Custom guards from Kevin normally are in the $200 range. Price for this one:

$100 shipped.

USA only. Paypal only. May possibly consider trades for J/MM pickup sets (4 or 5 string), preamps, or nice pedals (so no Boss). Would especially like another Phat Phuk B.

This is for a FIVE KNOB configuration.

Here's what I had to do to get a full sized neck humbucker in my Brute, not sure if they they are all the same.

1) The two neck screws closest to the middle of the body stick up through the pickup cavity. Remove them, cut about an inch off, re-install them.

2) There is no wood to hold the bottom pickup mounting screw. Luckily on mine, it went down right between the battery and the body so I just made a wooden plate that sits under the pickup that extended out over the battery box so the screw had some wood to grab onto.

3) There is a liiitle bit of wood to be routed out of the body. Not much though.

Not hard to do if you have the tools and skills :)

[​IMG]

Looks bada$$ on a white Brute!

[​IMG]

2. mmbongo

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    $100 shipped. Let's do this.

Open to trades for pickups, preamps, or pedals as well.

3. mmbongo

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Open to any and all offers.

4. KINGPIN_88

KINGPIN_88

Mar 20, 2014
    I'd take if it was original

5. mmbongo

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Yeah the original ones are plastic. This one was custom made by Kevin Brubaker.

I remember back when I first got this, Brute modding was all the rage! That seems to have completely died off now :(

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  6. mmbongo

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    bruteguard.

fritzk9 likes this.