SOLD Brubaker Brute with Bartolini Electronics and Pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by laflamme, Feb 6, 2018.

1. laflamme

laflamme

Aug 21, 2008
    Price:
    Strings:
    Brubaker Brute series MJX5 model. Very good condition and plays like a dream. Some light scratching but no dings of significance if you can find one. Original pickups and preamp were removed (Included in the sale) and replaced by some bartolini pickups. The preamp was also replaced with a bartolini preamp. It has Volume, blend and three tone knobs. the switch is to coil tap the bridge pickup. It comes with a hardshell case. Feel free to make trade offers. However please be fair about it. Willing to +/- cash if it is something I like. I really want a nice mesa amplifier head (600W or greater), unless it is the prodigy.

I doubt anyone would be disappointed with this bass. 479 shipped in USA only.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    ivlucas and DaymonJ11 like this.
  2. adube810

adube810

Mar 6, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    weight?

3. laflamme

laflamme

Aug 21, 2008
    Hi, weight is 9lb 9oz.

4. Danny H

Danny H

Aug 24, 2017
    Very nice!!! Do u have any better pics?

5. laflamme

laflamme

Aug 21, 2008
    My phone camera is kind of crappy and that is what I use, so sorry those are the best I have. I am happy to answer any questions via phone, PM or email. The condition is Very good, not mint or near mint. It doesnt have any major dings or paint chips really only light scratches. I would conservatively rate it as 8/10 condition. Really can't go wrong with the upgrades on this bass. Oh, did I mention it comes with the original pickups and preamp :)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  6. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Scale?

7. laflamme

laflamme

Aug 21, 2008
    Scale length is 34". But B-STring sounds great with the EB slinky strings.

Rapisme likes this.
  8. phillipkregg

phillipkregg Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    This is a killer deal, especially with the electronics upgrades... I have the exact same model of Brute and been playing Sadowsky, Music Man, Fender, and Sire basses for years. I pulled out the Brute over the weekend to give it a go and the neck and playability are easily up there with basses that cost nearly 3 grand.

9. CoffeeLove

CoffeeLove Supporting Member

Is the Brubaker still for sale or trade?

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022