Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Brubaker...Coming to Butthead

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mike, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    This Brubaker Protege 5 will be in my arms tomorrow. The wait is killin' me. Basslines with a Bart preamp, and Bru case. I traded it for my previously owned Status Empathy 5. Check it out. I'll update anyone who is interested in its tone, playability, etc...

I'll probaly just stare at it for the first few hours... ;) (I don't deserve it...)

2. It'll look even better in person. Translucent red figured wood is very hard to photograph. If it looks that good in the photo, then you'll be sure to have a major drool when you get the real thing.

Congrats!

3. That is oh so sweet! Congrats!

4. Professor X

Professor X

Apr 15, 2002
    Motown
    You're gonna love it!!! I borrowed one for a couple weeks last summer and was blown away by how nicely it played/sounded... the one I borrowed had the same electronics (basslines and bart) VERY COOL!

5. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    I hate to see you jumping ship from the Status, but you couldn't have picked a better bass to take it's place. The Brubakers are amazing creatures!

6. odie

odie Supporting Member

The punk has been teasing me for a week with those pics!!! Hows it play?!!

I think we may have another deal sniffing hound dog that may even rival Brad Johnson. :) ;)

7. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    I hope it lives up to my expectations. It is nice looking.

I still have a Status Berk, don't worry. I'm still in the loop.

I could never rival Brad Johnson. His collection is off the charts. I think he's a got a deal with some evil spirit or something. ;)

8. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    SWEET bass! kinda reminds me of a Roscoe..

Where is Brad Johnson.. i thought he would post something nice for this :)

9. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Just saw the thread, DM:D

Sweet bass, paleale. Good luck.

BTW no deal with any entity involved on my part, just dumb luck;).

I'm trying to keep my gear sniffing to a minimum these days:D