1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Brubaker in Canada?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cat_saltnpepper, May 16, 2011.

1. cat_saltnpepper

cat_saltnpepper

Aug 15, 2004
    Toronto
    so, I just got back from this NAMM-like trade show in Toronto, definitely whole lot smaller than NAMM but I actually liked it since there were less people:)

The person at the Brubaker booth told me that the company is launching their business in Canada, price will be competitive to other instruments, around $700-800 depends on the number of strings, so he says at least. They'll focus on distribution of more affordable lines for now, which are made in China but those are definitely one of the great sounding and affordable instruments I've ever played in past years, one I played was ash/maple with MM and J pick-up combination. String height was pretty low and seems like the basses will be available in MM/J or J/J with different wood combinations.

Every time when I go to major music store like L&M or Tom Lee, I get the feeling that I would never buy any basses from them probably, only because brands they carry are somewhat limited than stores in states. Definitely a good news for us in Canada:)

2. Sounds like you're talking about the Brubaker Brute. There's a couple of threads.

Couple of things...the body is not ash (currently said to be nato), and unless something has changed very recently, there are no wood combo options; it's a maple/maple neck bass.

Still good news for Canada though.

3. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    What the show called and was it held? I wanted to go to one before.

thanks,

Friedrich

4. cat_saltnpepper

cat_saltnpepper

Aug 15, 2004
    Toronto
    I think it was 'MIAC'? not sure though. yup, I googled after the posting this thread and drpepper's right, mostly brute lines and a few other models for promotional purpose I guess. Thanks for the correction:)