1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Brubaker in the UK?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DannyBob, Nov 6, 2013.

1. DannyBob

DannyBob

Aug 28, 2013
    UK
    Hi y'all,

So basically this concerns the make of bass called Brubaker. Never heard of them in the UK here, don't know much about them, and the only thing that drew me in was the colour of this one here below.

So basically, 2 questions:

1) What are they like and are they any good?

2) Can I find any here in the UK?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. DannyBob

DannyBob

Aug 28, 2013
    UK
  3. gene beauchamp

gene beauchamp

Jul 15, 2012
    Laurel,DE.
    Kevin Brubaker builds a top notch bass. I used to own one he made custom for me. It was like the third Lexa I believe he made. His attention to detail is second to none.

4. DannyBob

DannyBob

Aug 28, 2013
    UK
    Good to know the quality is there; seriously considering getting one...hmm, choices...

5. I played one at a Guitar Center in Las Vegas. I was really impressed. I'd say it's worth the drive (in the UK, not to Vegas :)).

I haven't tried the less expensive Brute models.

6. gene beauchamp

gene beauchamp

Jul 15, 2012
    Laurel,DE.
    He has some offshore models (brute) But he told me he has them made to spec but he checks them out before they go for sale. He is a stand up guy. He delivered mine to my house and hung with me for a while. I used to build flight cases for him as well.

7. DannyBob

DannyBob

Aug 28, 2013
    UK
    Hopefully go out over the next few weeks to give one a go, they look amazing, and hopefully will sound the same. I'm torn between one of these and a G and L L2000 Tribute which is slightly cheaper. Guess we'll wait and see...

8. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    The new Brubaker Brutes (import series) being sold currently are awesome basses for the money. And they are great platforms to Funk out by installing High End Pickups and Preamps. The one in your pic is a Brubaker Brute. I own two Brutes, a MJX-5 and a MJXSC-5 (Single Cut)

Attached Files:

9. SoVeryTired

SoVeryTired Endorsing nothing, recommending much

Jul 2, 2011
    Milton Keynes, UK
    There's a decent park nearby for the family, as well as Warwick Castle. Not that I know from experience of dragging my family off to Warwick to shop for basses... :smug:

10. brubakerguitars

brubakerguitars

Aug 18, 2003
    Thanks Walt! They are great platforms to funk out on just stock also!;)

11. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    True as mine are stock LOL!!!!