1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Brubaker JXB-5 Standard, Super Jazz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by aproud1, Jul 26, 2017.

1. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Price:
    Strings:
    Third times a charm? Keep putting this up for sale and then pulling it. As much as I love it, I'm just not into jazz basses anymore. I keep buying and selling them. Of all I've had this one takes the cake.

Great Jazz bass from Kevin Brubaker of Brubaker Guitars. JXB-5 Standard. Nails the Jazz sound with a killer low B and that super solid feel you get from well crafted instruments. Plays stupid good. The neck joint is a great piece of engineering and I'm sure contributes to the solid feel and the great sound.

Also balances perfectly. Seriously makes this 9.5 lb bass as comfortable as my 8lb fiver.

Some details:
    • Recent Fret level, polish and complete setup by Kevin Brubaker
    • Alder Body
    • Quilt Maple pickguard and control plate
    • Maple Neck
    • Rosewood fretboard
    • Brubaker "Bolt-through" neck design
    • Seymour Duncan Appollo Pickups
    • New Delano 3 band Pre with 3 way mid switch
    • Completely shielded electronics.
    • Hipshot Vintage Bridge
    • Hipshot Ultralight Lollipop Tuners
    • Custom Cocobolo Knobs, Stack is Ebony/Rosewood
    • Ships in a Ritter Gig Bag
    • 9 lbs 9 oz
    • 46 mm Nut
    • 19 mm bridge spacing
    • 34" scale length
    Originally came to me with Aguilar J pickups. Sound was waaaay to aggressive for me and they were susceptible to noise. Tried Barts and they really complemented this bass but wanted a little more bite. The SD Apollo's really sound perfect. Sound the way a jazz bass should if that makes sense.

Recently installed a Delano three band pre. Modern Jazz all the way. Wired Volume(active/passive)/Volume/Mid switch/mid/Bass treble stack. Dead quiet and versatile. If the buyer prefers happy to wire with a blend instead of the second volume or replace the Delano with a Bartolini 3 Band I have.

Bass is overall in very good condition. Some very minor blemishes on the body. The truss rod nut was replaced by Kevin Brubaker with a bullet (was previously slotted) and works as it should.

Bass plays really, really great, easily takes a low setup. Super comfortable neck makes it really easy to get anywhere on the fretboard. Even sound in all registers, great B string.

Yours for $1550 shipped CONUS. Cash is King make an offer if you want.

Trades? 5 string 9.5 lbs or less, not interested in J basses (otherwise I'd just keep this) Any other configuration is cool. 4 string I'd trade for a Gibson SG or something else short scale and cool.

35351633124_b4cf537e1a_c.
    36187442495_08672f02ec_c.
    36187446645_ee1767f370_c.
    36146581186_083529582e_c.
    36187450355_779cc42af3_c.
    36146578936_2bfc71fbc7_c.
    35351631324_53528fc855_c.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    TimBosby, Woodchuck and Spidey2112 like this.