Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Brubaker moving to Richmond VA

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slam, Apr 13, 2005.

1. slam

slam Guest

Mar 22, 2000
    Virginia
    I stopped by Metro Sound and Music yesterday to check out their supply of Brubakers. While I was there, talking to the owner, he told me Brubaker is moving to his store to set up shop. :hyper:

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Brubaker could have a hell of a little guitar botique in Carytown. That would be very cool!

3. Brian at Guitar Works has his own line of just about every knockoff model possible made in Korea. He could use some competition in CaryTown. I'd love a boutique shop to browse on the weekends!

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Those branded Guitar Works guitars (fondly) remind me of Rondo's stuff. Brubaker's stuff is cool. Not my style or my price range, but really cool nonetheless.

5. ...and a botique shop in CaryTown would be the bomb!

6. slam

slam Guest

Mar 22, 2000
    Virginia
    Metro Sound is in downtown Richmond, not really too close to Carytown unfortunately.

7. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    That would be phenomenal. I grew up just outside of Richmond, and in the last few years since I've been playing, I hated not having any good places to shop for instruments other than Metro Sound. Carytown's a great little place... I think a wonderful luthier would do very well there.

8. HOLY CRAP! i was just down there on saturday checking out amps and i was wondering why there were sooo many brubakers in there. The guy in there loved them but i never got a chanse to play one. i was short on time and wasnt there to buy a bass

did you see the single-cut 4 string with the spalt top the had chillin on the counter? i almost died whe i saw it... so... beautiful

9. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    i just bought a pedal at metro sound a week ago. i think theyre a bit overpriced and a few employees had no idea what they were doing, but some were nice enough. it would be cool if it were in cary, but alas it is over on broad. i played a brubaker they had displayed on the counter last time i was there, im normally not into single cuts but it was gorgeous. is the modular preamp system more than just a cool idea? seems like itd be hard to pull off, i have no experience with them though.

10. slam

slam Guest

Mar 22, 2000
    Virginia
    Yes I played that one and it was really nice. Made me want to trade in my Modulus.

11. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    ahh it was so beautiful :bawl:

12. +10000 :bawl:

13. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    The new facility in Richmond is geared towards producing the new pickguard model basses and guitars. Kevin and Mark are getting it set up and it's a pretty exciting time for Brubaker Guitars. I checked out the prototype four string today and it's sweet... serious Jazz bass vibe. The best part is that the line is affordable, especially for a US built bass of this caliber. IMO of course.