1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Brushed aluminum Machine Heads

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by deejaid, Sep 7, 2008.

1. deejaid

deejaid

Oct 29, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Does anyone know where I can find some brushed aluminum or satin chrome machine (Tuner) heads that fit 11/16 holes?

Thanks,
    J

2. nvd

nvd

Nov 9, 2007
    Virginia Beach
    Does any one know where to find these things, I am in need of a satin chrome tuning key myself. Gotoh style. I have looked on warmoth, allparts, stewmac... They all carry black, gold and shiney chrome. No satin. I even called Washburn (as that's the bass that needs the new key) and am waiting to hear back if they can find any. Any help is appreciated.

3. eleonn

eleonn

Aug 24, 2006
    Lima - PerĂº
    I guess Schaller produce 'em.

4. Skelf

Skelf

Apr 15, 2005
    Moffat D&G Scotland
    Builder AC Guitars.
    Hipshot make satin chrome Ultralites

5. ack

ack Why Can't We All Get Along?

Nov 19, 2006
    Somewhere near Raleigh
    Danelectro's have brushed aluminum hardware - maybe they can supply some for ya

6. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    I was going to mention this also. I just upgraded all the hardware on my personal bass with satin finish aluminum Hipshop parts. Real nice parts.

scorpio-shipshot-ultralights.

scorpio_hipshot.

7. nvd

nvd

Nov 9, 2007
    Virginia Beach
    I was looking at those hipshots as they offer a bass extender which I've enjoyed on past basses I've played with the drop switch on the key. I wasn't really looking to replace the whole lot of machines on my bass as only one crapped out. But if I can't find a match I will have to do that, as the one black gotoh I pilfered off of another bass looks odd. :D