brutal death player

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Xavier Revilla, Jun 26, 2001.

1. Xavier Revilla

Xavier Revilla

Jun 26, 2001
    i play in a brutal death band and I play with fingers, but it's very difficult for me to reach the guitar's tremolo speed.

I play with three fingers but I've seen Alex Webster from Cannibal Corpse and it seems that he plays with four finguers. I've tried it but it seems impossible. ¿is it possible to play with four finguers?
    (sorry for my english)
  2. brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Keep practicing. Using four fingers is definately tough, but if thats your goal then keep doing it. At first it may slow you down but once you master it you'll be cookin'!
  3. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    "Brutal Death Band"........wots that all about then?
    Do people get maimed?....horribly injured?........
  4. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    I'm sure he means tremelo in the sense of repeated picking (as on a mandolin, for instance). In fact that's the correct use of the word, because the "tremelo" bar on guitars actually creates vibrato :)

There are many players who have developed three and four finger plucking styles in order to play faster. You just need to sit down and practice it.
  5. Newsted

Jun 24, 2001
    i can say that is realy good idea(sp)?you now playing with 3 or 4
    is just matters how much do you pratice i am also playing in a death and a thrach band that they need speed and triplets and all that.iam playin with only 2 fingers and is easy the only dificult is to keep playing with the same speed for a long time and that needs practise
  6. i remember seeing Billy Sheehan play with all four fingers some time in the eighties i believe. it worked for him...