Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bsw output problem

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by hyperlitem, Jun 10, 2005.

1. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just got my digitech BSW a few weeks ago and have just been learning it. For some reason now when the pedal is not activated no sound will come out. WHen i push it down i can get an output, but then when i switch the cord to the clean output i get out. Could this be a battery problem?

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Use the other output. it will tur on and off when you press the pedal.
    As a general rule, reading manuals ca be useful to solve this kind of issue :)

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yup, what Jazz Ad said - use the other output

4. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    no thats the problem, cummon guys i know that. To get a clean output im basically having to run 2 cables, one to get a clean sound and one to get the wet sound. When i press down on the pedal i cant get a clean sound if i just come out of the effect output.

5. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Even before reading the manual, you could also read the previous answers once again.
    so eventually you understand what we wrote :).

6. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Yes, it quite clearly is the problem.
    If you put the cable into the bottom output, you will get dry sound when pedal is off and wet sound when pedal is on. If you have cable in top output you will get sound only when pedal is on.
    Please read the manual

7. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    +1 as i'm a BSW user also, you have to use the normal output if you run the pedal normally