1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale BSX 2000 5 String EUB Prototype with stand and case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by jrlynch, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Price:
    $675
    Strings:
    BSX 2000 5 String. This is an early BSX Prototype, as I understand from someone who worked on the initial marketing of these beasts. It's in excellent shape, rarely gigged, it has though been tweaked a lot over the years. Specifically:

The paint on behind the neck has been stripped and given a simple oil finish. Not the prettiest in the world, but MUCH more playable than the original slick black enamel.

The original magnetic pickups/preamp have been pulled from the beast, and replaced with a simple K&K Double Big Twin/five string http://kksound.com/products/doublebigtwin.php The original pickup system was prone to crazy noise issues.

It plays like a charm, I understand the setup was tweaked by Mike Shank.

Strings are Evah Pirazzi Medium with a Spirocore Medium low B. They're in great shape.

Comes with a custom fitted case which is in perfect shape, and a most sturdy stand.

I'm thinking $650 PayPal shipped to the lower 48.

SOLD!!!

bsx1.

More Pix:

pic2

pic3

pic4

pic5

pic6

pic7

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  2. Sold!

ElMon likes this.