1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BSX Allegro Acoustic 4 string For Sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Jason Hollar, May 6, 2005.

1. Jason Hollar

Jason Hollar Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Pittsburgh area
    I have a beautiful BSX Allegro Acoustic bass 4 string I'd like to sell. I'm the original owner and have had it for about a year and a half. You can find out all the specs from the BSX website -- and also read a review of mine on the bgra site. This one has a pine top with a dark, "traditional" violin burst finish. I'd be happy to email you a picture of the bass.

The bass has come in quite handy for me on all kinds of jobs due to its small "footprint" and ease of portability. However, I'm getting much more focused on my acoustic double bass and wish to spend more time (and money) on it.

I'm asking $1500, not including shipping. I originally purchased the instrument for around $2400 and it includes a gig bag, tripod display stand, and has the optional dot inlays (very helpful). I currently have a set of Labella black nylon strings on it -- but will also include the original Weichs (not used much) and a broken-in set of D'addario Helicore Medium Pizz strings (all cut for the shorter length of the bass).

The sound is excellent and can pump some serious volume when needed. It has a Bartolini preamp with 3 band EQ plus master volume. I have the action set a little higher since I like to dig in...but with the Weichs, it's very easy to set the action super-low and get a growly, fretless-like sound. In fact, since moving to the Pittsburgh area, I recently had the pleasure of meeting Dino, the owner of BSX, visiting the shop, and had him set up the instrument for me. Everything about it is in great shape. The fingerboard is true and there are just a few tiny scratches on the finish -- all from routine gigs.

Please email or send me a message if you're interested. I don't like to do online financial transactions so I'd need a certified check, etc. Also, I'd certainly be willing to meet up if you were somewhere relatively nearby as I travel quite a bit through PA and surrounding areas.

Thanks -- studiohola@aol.com

2. Jason Hollar

Jason Hollar Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Pittsburgh area
    Sold!