BTB 405 vs G&L Tribute L-2000

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by socalpyropunk, Aug 17, 2004.

1. I currently play a BTB405 in a fast paced punk band. for my band I really don't need the 5 string. lookingat going to a 4 and I can get a great deal on a Tribute L-2000. I thin kthats the route I will go.

I'm wondering what I can expect compared to the BTB. Both basses seem to be pretty versitle in the sound department. BTB has the sweepable mid, 18V....., L-2000 has the toggles and controls.

I will probably getthat has some good punch and really helps cut through. I am switching my Ampeg rig to a full MEsa setup too.

The more I read about the tribute the more I wonder why I don't read morea bout it here. every review I've found online seems to be great. for the most part everyone that gets ones loves it, great construction and tons of sound versatility. does this all seem accurate? I havn't seen one in person yet.

thanks for any help.
  2. I have never played a BTB so I can't compare them......

I do have two G&L L2000's, they are very versatile, cut through and I love them. :D

You probably have not heard too much about them 'cause they really don't advertise as much as other manufacturers, but are doing better now. They have not come out with anything new for a while in the bass department other than the Tribute line which is the same as the US line but made different.
  3. Ozzyman

Jul 21, 2004
    The BTB is more versatile than the G&L,. Play them both and pick which one you like best. Don't ask us unless it's a hardware or technique question. We can never understand the sound you are looking for completely, it's impossible.
  4. wow it really shows that I typed that question in the middle of the night/morning.

I'm not asking you which one is the sound I want. Thats impossible for you to know. I own a BTB 405 already but am looking at a new 4 string and can get a great deal on the Tributes.

I was simply asking for anyone that has played both of them, how they compare to each other. The feel of the neck, the basic sound, the punch...........
    Just asking how they compare, not which one I like better.