Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BTB 405qm pickup change --> stupid idea ??

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Godcreep, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Hi guys,

Listen, I have this problem. I have 2 basses, a Yamaha BB1500A, and an Ibanez BTB 405qm.
    This is what's bothering me: When I play with my Yamaha on my SVT 3 pro I can get loud enough (when practicing with my band) but when I plug my Ibanez in, I have to set my master volume all the way open to reach the same volume.. I think it's because the (passive) pickups ... Is there a way to change the pickups on that bass or is that just a stupid idea ? I mean, I consider selling it coz there's such a difference between those 2 basses ... it's like it doesn't have enough balls ... I already changed 100 settings on my SVT3 Pro but that didn't change very much .. :confused:
    Maybe it's just the nature of that bass ...

Wim

2. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    sounds like you might have a problem with the pre-amp in the ibanez? dead battery? battery not connected? i have 2 ibanez btb basses and they work great.no problems with output or tone.good-luck.