1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BTB 405qm pickup change --> stupid idea ??

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Godcreep, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Hi guys,

Listen, I have this problem. I have 2 basses, a Yamaha BB1500A, and an Ibanez BTB 405qm.
    This is what's bothering me: When I play with my Yamaha on my SVT 3 pro I can get loud enough (when practicing with my band) but when I plug my Ibanez in, I have to set my master volume all the way open to reach the same volume.. I think it's because the (passive) pickups ... Is there a way to change the pickups on that bass or is that just a stupid idea ? I mean, I consider selling it coz there's such a difference between those 2 basses ... it's like it doesn't have enough balls ... I already changed 100 settings on my SVT3 Pro but that didn't change very much .. :confused:
    Maybe it's just the nature of that bass ...

Wim

2. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    sounds like you might have a problem with the pre-amp in the ibanez? dead battery? battery not connected? i have 2 ibanez btb basses and they work great.no problems with output or tone.good-luck.