1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BTB 5 String Owners!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Noobai, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Noobai

Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    Alright, how much did you pay and when?

What I want to know is if I can find a used BTB5 for like 450-500.

Also, any problems, concerns, or maybe even good things that have come of your bass in the years. Are BTB's good buys?

Thx! :D

2. [dfire]knight

[dfire]knight

Mar 30, 2002
    bend, or
    i'm sure you could get a qm model for that, and used walnut btb for that.

3. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    i own 2 BTB 5 stringers,they are the basic models,i paid $519 for transparent black and $495 for a purple . they have passive pickups with a 3 band EQ. with mid adjustments. plus they r 35" scale so the B isnt floppy. i highly recommend them,i have owned mine for like a year and havent had a prob. good-luck..:cool:

4. I have a BTB405QM and really like this bass. It's transparent purple over quilted maple which I paid US$369 on a clearance price from American Musical Supply, but haven't seen that price since. I was skeptical of what the purple would be, but was very pleasantly surprised when it arrived. It's a very beautiful instrument, more of a deep wine color than what I'd call purple. It plays great, has wonderful tone and great sustain. This is my first 5-string and had no problem adjusting from a 4.

5. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    I paid 550 euros for my 405QM tax included
    (21% ouchttt it hurts )

6. Noobai

Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    I'd love to have that 300 dollar price heh. Ive played them at stores and have loved every single one. I love the spacing and the great B string. Im just wondering how cheap I can find one. Hmm. Keep the comments coming! Thx :D

7. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Austin,Tx
    I paid 599 for the BTB405QM transparent black at GC last august. It was my first fiver and I still love that thing. The string spacing is great for slap and just plays nice. I have upgraded to a Euro Spector (which sounds so sweet with active pups) which i recomend if you can afford.:cool:

8. Noobai

Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    bump :)