BTB 5 String Owners!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Noobai, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    Alright, how much did you pay and when?

What I want to know is if I can find a used BTB5 for like 450-500.

Also, any problems, concerns, or maybe even good things that have come of your bass in the years. Are BTB's good buys?

Thx! :D
  2. [dfire]knight

Mar 30, 2002
    bend, or
    i'm sure you could get a qm model for that, and used walnut btb for that.
  3. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    i own 2 BTB 5 stringers,they are the basic models,i paid $519 for transparent black and $495 for a purple . they have passive pickups with a 3 band EQ. with mid adjustments. plus they r 35" scale so the B isnt floppy. i highly recommend them,i have owned mine for like a year and havent had a prob. good-luck..:cool:
  4. I have a BTB405QM and really like this bass. It's transparent purple over quilted maple which I paid US$369 on a clearance price from American Musical Supply, but haven't seen that price since. I was skeptical of what the purple would be, but was very pleasantly surprised when it arrived. It's a very beautiful instrument, more of a deep wine color than what I'd call purple. It plays great, has wonderful tone and great sustain. This is my first 5-string and had no problem adjusting from a 4.
  5. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    I paid 550 euros for my 405QM tax included
    (21% ouchttt it hurts )
  6. Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    I'd love to have that 300 dollar price heh. Ive played them at stores and have loved every single one. I love the spacing and the great B string. Im just wondering how cheap I can find one. Hmm. Keep the comments coming! Thx :D
  7. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    I paid 599 for the BTB405QM transparent black at GC last august. It was my first fiver and I still love that thing. The string spacing is great for slap and just plays nice. I have upgraded to a Euro Spector (which sounds so sweet with active pups) which i recomend if you can afford.:cool: