1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BTB 6-String Question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by awilkie84, Dec 18, 2011.

1. So...I just got a BTB 6-String and I'm playing with the electronics. I noticed that, unlike the current BTBs, this one has a 3-way switch. Other than that, it's identical to the current BTB676.

Does anyone happen to know what this switch does, cuz I can't figure it out. I've plugged it in, had both pick-ups on and flicked it to all 3 positions. It doesn't seem to make any difference to the sound.

2. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    What year is the bass? Maybe I can dig up on old manual for it.

You can also open up the control cavity and see if it's somewhat obvious what's happening.

3. So, it appears to be a BTB 1206E, but I can't find a manual for this thing anywhere.

First impression, I'd assume the switch would be for pickup selection, but there's no change in the sound. Also, it has a balancer pot. Don't see too many guitars with a selector AND a balancer.

4. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    Ah, given that model, I actually know the answer to this one. :)

The 1206E model (the one I almost bought) had a Bartolini preamp in it. That switch is for a selectable mid control frequency, and the options are 250 Hz, 500 Hz, and 1 kHz. Unless you had the mid knob turned up, you wouldn't have noticed a difference.

Nice choice of bass. Enjoy it. The BTB line is top notch.