Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BTB basses with Neutrik jaks

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenbull, Jan 10, 2004.

1. fenbull

fenbull

Oct 31, 2003
    Akron ohio
    The Neutrik jak on my BTB Ibz is making alot of noise. I sit alot when i practice but noticed it about a week or so ago when standing and playing. Changing cords didnt help but an angled input jack did help some. I think there is a bad connection in there but was told it is a contained unit and cannot be opened and repaired.I dont know much about these jaks so does anyone know what to do ...go to tech for replacement or can they be fixed? I thought i read on this board somewhere that somebody had problems with theirs and replaced it. How much are they. Thanks:bassist:

2. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    i've never had problems with the neutrik on my conklin. are you certain that it is the output jack? it could be the preamp, or even maybe the pickups.

3. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    Mine is becoming loose also. I went to stand up to play and there was a loud pop. I noticed that there is a lot more play in it than used to be.I would say the best bet would be to go to a local shop and get it replaced.

4. fenbull

fenbull

Oct 31, 2003
    Akron ohio
    Its the neutrik and it has some play in it when you pull on the plugin on the cable.Funny thing is it doesnt do it all the time but sometimes it gets real bad.Anyone know what these things cost?