Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BTB or EDA

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eVersi0n, Jan 16, 2003.

1. eVersi0n

eVersi0n

Dec 30, 2002
    Canada, Alberta
    I really do like the 2 of them, I'v played the BTB405, it was nice, didn't get to try a eda, whch do you think is better? are there alot of major differences in tone between the 2? (5-string), which would be the better for the type of music i'm into (spookycore, metal, etc)

thanks.

2. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    I wil always vote for the SR3000 if u have the $ around $900 ish...

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I would buy the BTB based on aesthetics alone. The EDA is U G L Y. Although piezo pickups ARE pretty snappy. The decisions we must make, right?

4. eVersi0n

eVersi0n

Dec 30, 2002
    Canada, Alberta
    Any more suggestions.

thanks.

5. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Personally, I like the EDA's looks over the BTB. But the BTB does sound better, IMO.

6. Stone Sour

Stone Sour

Dec 18, 2002
    I played an EDA 4 string and it sounded a lot like an Ibanez GSR to me, with some better qualities to it, could have been the amp, but that's just my comment.

7. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    I've played both and I like the BTB better cuz it's made out of wood. And I like wooden basses:D

8. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    I haven't played the EDA yet, but I definately like my BTB lots, from how it looks to the way it feels and plays.

Kinda OT, but I was mulling around on music123 and saw this Btb300 model. I've never heard or seen of it. Anyone play it? Looks spiffy (bubinga top on a mahogany core):
    [​IMG]

9. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    no one agreeing with me on a SR3000?

DM