Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BTB or EDB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DrunkenJoker84, Jun 24, 2001.

1. DrunkenJoker84

DrunkenJoker84

May 11, 2001
    My first bass was an Ibanez, and I really liked them. Great tone, a fast neck, and a sleek look that really suited me. Anyway, I want my next bass to be an Ibanez too, and I've done some research on their instruments. The two 5-string basses in my price range are the BTB405 and the EDB605. I've heard great reviews for both, and I wanted to know if anybody out there has either one, and if they do, how good they are.

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I've been able to sit down with both, for long periods of time...and all I can say is BTB...it really is the best Bass Ibanez makes. The B string is exceptional, and the electronics are superior (IMHO).

Almost anyone will tell you BTB...but, the neck on the BTB is pretty wide, so hand size might be something to consider...

3. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    BTB all the way. I went from a narrow (imo) neck Peavey bass to this without any troubles. My left-hand position has improved with the extra-width, actually ;)