Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

btb to stringray

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by darkinferno, Jun 25, 2003.

1. darkinferno

darkinferno

Jun 25, 2003
    Hello I have a problem. I like the feel BTB510e neck(I might be getting one soon) but I want a stringray tones and I just to replace the bridge pickup. Which big name pickup companies and which would be the best and why? If not which company a go for custom pickup?

2. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    I dunno, see if you can put the SRay pickups in the BTB, if possible... I'm not sure at all if it is, all I know is the BTB has Bartolini Custom pickups... You MIGHT be able to get a SIMILAR tone if you have a really good head or EQ...
    ||_-soto-_||

3. Philthy

Philthy Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2001
    Wallington, NJ
    Maybe you should check out the MM Sterling. It's got a thinner neck and can sound close to a stingray. The stingray is the only bass that can sound like a stingray but if you put the Sterling's pickup switch towards the bridge (parallel) you will get close to the stingray sound. You might want to consider this as an option.

4. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    For the money that you're about to put into the btb you'd be better served in purchasing a MM hell',SamAsh and the Guitar center are damn'er giving them away at real damn good prices.So if you live in the vicinity of ither of these stores you should go check them out.