1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BTB1005 question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by electricdemon3, Nov 12, 2002.

1. electricdemon3

electricdemon3

Jul 28, 2000
    is it a neckthru or is it bolt on? Also, what about the SR3005? I asume they both have bolt on necks.

2. alx564

alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    Both of those basses have bolt-on necks.

If you are choosing between the two I would have to say go with the BTB. I've played a couple of the BTB's and they are really nice and on the higher end of the Ibanez line. The 35" scale on the BTB helps the B a bit too.

3. electricdemon3

electricdemon3

Jul 28, 2000
    I don't have the money right now, but if and when I do get a 5 string, I would like to get something around that price range. I do prefer the sound of a bolt on neck. I have yet to try out a BTB. Maybe this weekend I will check one out at guitar center.

4. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    Like alx said, they're both bolt on. I love the pocket and the cutout on my BTB, it's no strain to reach the upper frets at all. The 35" scale and wide string spacing really give your fingers a good stretch, but if you use propor technique you should be able to overcome it no problemo (unless you have really small hands). I love my BTB, but my amp really does it no justice :(

(BTW I have a BTB405 with Ibanez electronics, no Barts :()

5. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    i dunno man.. i tried a SR3000 and I LOVE that bass.. IMHO, i rather have the SR3000 than a BTB 4 string

DM

6. I too, really like my BTB405. Sounds and plays great, but, have always wondered what it might sound like with Barts.