Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BTB1005 question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by electricdemon3, Nov 12, 2002.

1. electricdemon3

electricdemon3

Jul 28, 2000
    is it a neckthru or is it bolt on? Also, what about the SR3005? I asume they both have bolt on necks.

2. alx564

alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    Both of those basses have bolt-on necks.

If you are choosing between the two I would have to say go with the BTB. I've played a couple of the BTB's and they are really nice and on the higher end of the Ibanez line. The 35" scale on the BTB helps the B a bit too.

3. electricdemon3

electricdemon3

Jul 28, 2000
    I don't have the money right now, but if and when I do get a 5 string, I would like to get something around that price range. I do prefer the sound of a bolt on neck. I have yet to try out a BTB. Maybe this weekend I will check one out at guitar center.

4. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    Like alx said, they're both bolt on. I love the pocket and the cutout on my BTB, it's no strain to reach the upper frets at all. The 35" scale and wide string spacing really give your fingers a good stretch, but if you use propor technique you should be able to overcome it no problemo (unless you have really small hands). I love my BTB, but my amp really does it no justice :(

(BTW I have a BTB405 with Ibanez electronics, no Barts :()

5. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    i dunno man.. i tried a SR3000 and I LOVE that bass.. IMHO, i rather have the SR3000 than a BTB 4 string

DM

6. I too, really like my BTB405. Sounds and plays great, but, have always wondered what it might sound like with Barts.