Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BTB1206e VS. TRB1006

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wiggett, Aug 25, 2005.

1. so yeah, ive 'lowered' my hopes and price range from a cirrus 6er. to these two bois.

opinions on either?

2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Are both available to you so you can try them out??

I like the BTB, I have played one quite a bit in a music store. But it has been sooooo long since I have touched a Yamaha that I can't really be of much help in A/B'ing them.

3. why did you lower cirrus hopes when they are pretty much same pricerange especially on ebay. I would stick with that first then btb second and that is a far second. Stay patient it will show up soon.

4. agueybana79

agueybana79

Aug 26, 2005
    The BTB. I own (and I'm selling, see the listing) a BTB 405 and it's just ****ing awesome. Honestly, when I'm performing, I can't tell the difference between the $700.00 BTBs and a $1,200.

I'm sure there MUST be a difference, but I've always been able to find the sound I want and I've gotten compliments from people about the sound of the bass. Unless your Anthony Jackson, Victor Wooten, or Pattituci, and you have the money to spend, don't waste your time. Any $500-$700 Ibanez BTB or SR will do EVERYTHING you want. I myself just got myself an SR506 (for thinner necks..my fingers are small).

If you're interested, i'm selling my BTB for $500.00 see this ebay listing.

I had an Ibanez BTB405QM 5 String bass, and it had great tone. But, i'm a small guy and my fingers are small. It's hard to stretch on this bass's neck!

I put my Ibanez 5 string for sale on Ebay in great condition.
    (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...item=7346311395)

I'm an Ibanez man. I just love the sound of their basses.

5. res-doghouse

res-doghouse

Nov 17, 2006
    Montreal
    Thanks for posting this question as I have the exact same one. I just bought the Yamaha trb1006 and I am thinking of trading it in for the Ibanez BTB1206e. I'm just wondering how much better the BTB1206e is as I'm not sure if the shop has one.