BTB4000? or is it help me plz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by frankenchrist, May 20, 2007.

1. hey i own a btb 1999 4 string flamed maple/mahogany/maple with ibanez pickups. the guy at the guitar shop said it is a btb4000 but never seen anything like it let alone the model number, closest it 3700, need help to identify it please, does anyone else own one? picture is here from the guitar shop i baught it from http://www.haworthguitars.com.au/co...ct_id=sh-ibanezBTB4000;jsessionid=n5mwjm3cjbp 'Haworth' These guys are legends!!! Pictures do it no justice

2. oh yeah and if you got pictures post them 4 me, love any ibanez btb

3. well i was hoping 4 more than this but thanxx guys

4. claxpro

claxpro

Mar 7, 2004
    are you sure it's not a btb400qm?

5. Kind of looks like a BTB1000 that I had sometime last year. I've never heard of the 4000 series.

6. HarrySack

HarrySack

Jun 2, 2005
    At first i thought it was a 1999 BTB-700 but that doesn't have such a light coloured headstock, try www.ibanezregister.com and see if you can find it!

7. well its flamed maple and not quilted and this is an expensive bass, im pretty sure its not but thanx

8. yeah it sort of look like that but the woods are different, same 3 pc neck electronics and pickups, thanx 4 that

9. It's a BTB 1000E, made between the years 2003 and 2004.

Flamed maple top, mahogany body and maple back. Bartolini custom pups and pre.

That price is way high though, even in Aussie dollars. $700-900 Aussie dollaris more reasonable, depending on its condition. Brand new it was about $1000 US, which is about $1300 or $1400 Aussie, I think.

10. it sort of looks like that, only ibanez pre and pups and made in 1999, hmmm i might of paid a bit much but it was priced at 2000 b4 i got a discount and he said 3000AU new. its in perfect condition 'like new' and also the previous owner hasnt even taken off the pre control instructions thingos off the knobs

11. its a 3pc neck not 5 so that will knock out new btbs

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021