1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BTB405QM Battery

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DCman, Jun 12, 2002.

1. DCman

DCman

Apr 7, 2002
    UK
    Hey there :)

Just wondering if anyone knows how long(ish) the battery in a BTB405QM will last. I know it can be wide ranging in time, but an idea would be good. I leave my bass at the music college i'm at and certain people are allowed to use it, but they have a habit of leaving it plugged in all night and run the battery low... :rolleyes:

thanks for the help :)

2. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Austin,Tx
    I have had my BTB505 for about a year and only recently changed the batteries out. I would say I play plugged in around 3-4 hrs a week( most practice Is unplugged). I think it should last 6-9 months depending on how much you play. When I first started playing I would leave my bass and my tuner plugged in all the time ( I thought that it was not drawing power if amps/tuners were off) so my battery only lasted a couple months.

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Well, my SR (which I believe has a similar EQ and junk, if I'm not mistaken?) will last anywhere from 300-475 hours...I would think somewhere around that for BTB..

4. On a side note, on a bass such as the BTB, which I used to own, i.e. with passive pups but active EQ, what happens when the batteries die?

I ask because my jazz bass with a non-factory fitted active EQ and passive pups, the brand of which I do not know (2nd hand you see) has a battery in which I do not know the age of, and I was wondering what happens, so i dont think there is something wrong with the amp or something,
    cheers

sim

5. DCman

DCman

Apr 7, 2002
    UK
    Well I am at music college and i'm also in a full time band that gigs around the country frequently... so I would say that its being plugged in and used for about 3 hours/day, minimum.

Guess i'll find out in a coupla months how long they should last! hehe :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help :)