BTB405QM Battery

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DCman, Jun 12, 2002.

1. DCman

Apr 7, 2002
    Hey there :)

Just wondering if anyone knows how long(ish) the battery in a BTB405QM will last. I know it can be wide ranging in time, but an idea would be good. I leave my bass at the music college i'm at and certain people are allowed to use it, but they have a habit of leaving it plugged in all night and run the battery low... :rolleyes:

thanks for the help :)
  2. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    I have had my BTB505 for about a year and only recently changed the batteries out. I would say I play plugged in around 3-4 hrs a week( most practice Is unplugged). I think it should last 6-9 months depending on how much you play. When I first started playing I would leave my bass and my tuner plugged in all the time ( I thought that it was not drawing power if amps/tuners were off) so my battery only lasted a couple months.
  3. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Well, my SR (which I believe has a similar EQ and junk, if I'm not mistaken?) will last anywhere from 300-475 hours...I would think somewhere around that for BTB..
  4. On a side note, on a bass such as the BTB, which I used to own, i.e. with passive pups but active EQ, what happens when the batteries die?

I ask because my jazz bass with a non-factory fitted active EQ and passive pups, the brand of which I do not know (2nd hand you see) has a battery in which I do not know the age of, and I was wondering what happens, so i dont think there is something wrong with the amp or something,

5. DCman

Apr 7, 2002
    Well I am at music college and i'm also in a full time band that gigs around the country frequently... so I would say that its being plugged in and used for about 3 hours/day, minimum.

Guess i'll find out in a coupla months how long they should last! hehe :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help :)