BTB406 vs SR506

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BillytheBassist, Dec 16, 2005.

Wich is the better bass?

Poll closed Dec 26, 2005.
  1. BTB406

2. SR506

1. BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Wich is the better bass, BTB406 or SR506?
  2. Welcome to Subjective city, my friend, population: You

Go out and try both, seriously.
  3. BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    I have tried both... I just wanted some objective opinions, seriously.
  4. I'm buying a BTB next, the SR just to me.
  5. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    sr all the way, more comfortable, thinner neck, lower action. Just a great bass.

6. i guess i just like the BTB looks i thought the SR had too tight of a string spacing for me...but like marcusalan said, don't buy something because we say so, buy it because you like it...ok, well, thats not exactly what he said, but it runs along the same lines
  7. BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    So wich one do you like better?
  8. SR body is way more comfortable... BTB is so big and bulky.

9. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I've always thought that BTB's are very good for the price...they feel substantial, play well, and the onbaord EQ is amazing! (well, on a bass of that price, you can get some serious tone control from it!).
  10. BTB all the way . . . the SR's just dont feel right to me, and i didnt like the sound of the 505 i played, at all

The BTB's have a nicer neck imo, and the bigger body just makes you feel good, plus, mid shift (ie onboard wah effect :p )
  11. RLT

Jul 10, 2004
    South Central OH
    Carrots all the way!
  12. I really don't like the Beatles...
  13. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    The BTB has a nicer neck 18volt electronics, nutrik locking jack. The downfall of the BTB's is that the hardware { mainly the bridge } corrodes.
    The SR's in the upper range { 500's on up } are quite nice with good elecs and pups. The necks are thin and the string spacing is tight especially on the 5 and 6 strings. If you can get used to it though they are nice pieces. I wouldn't suggest putting flatwounds on an SR bass due to the excess tension being put on such a narrow neck. Both BTB's and SR's are roundwound basses anyhow, and to this day I don't know anyone who has flats on an SR. It all comes down to what do you want to give up and what do you consider more important.
  14. To be honest, i dont think the nutrik locking jack is that good a thing, seems to cut out now and then, it might just be mine tho