Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BTB406QM users!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassmasta86, Dec 22, 2002.

1. Can all those who own or have tried out one of these magnificent basses give their opinions to me? I'm looking to get a really nice six string bass and expand my horizons with it. I was originally going to get a soundgear six, but I have been moving towards the BTB because I want something that's better quality. Plus it has better hardware, woods, and stuff like that.
    I play anything from funk, to jazz, to progressive rock, to metal btw :D

Thanks in advance

Bye.

2. I've got one in my shop. It's better to play than the SR because it has wider string spacing. My only gripe with them (and the 5's) is the B string is not too good. I have'nt tried them with decent strings, but the supplied B is wooly and unfocused. Other than that they're are a reasonable bass. The photoquilt top is a bit cheesy, I'd prefer to see a nice paint job.

3. BUMP

Please guys, I really need responses! I'm probably going to buy in in less than 5 days!!!

HELP!

Thanx...

4. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    I have a SR406 and I think it's quite nice for the money. The BTB has a more versatile pre-amp with the sweep able low midrange and also has wider string spacing. But if you can get used to the closer string spacing, the 406 does just fine. Plus the 406 doesn’t have the cheesy painted on quilt top. Just natural wood which to me looks better. IMHO you couldn’t go wrong with the BTB. It's an excellent bass.

5. Thanks for the replies!

I was actually going to buy a SR406 before, but I thought, I might as well get something with a better pre-amp, and a 35 inch scale neck for the low b. My thoughts are that I don't want to sell it or get rid of anytime soon. I want it to be versatile and sound good. Which I hope it does!:D Any way you look at it, it will be a MAJOR step up from my ****ty fender squier :rolleyes: (I know, I know, I don't know how I've played it for these past years. actually, wait I do. I recently got a part time job and this has allowed me to get a better bass! :D)

Anywho, thanks again!

6. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    also the B on my 406 is not bad at all;)

7. Get a Spector. Better B string, real quilt top, better pickups (unless you get the BTB with Barts), comparable price.

8. Even with the 34 inch scale fretboard? Cool :)

9. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Yep:) It ain't no Ken Smith. But for les than $500, it'll due;)