Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BTB556mp

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BadBass, Oct 8, 2005.

1. BadBass

BadBass

Aug 11, 2005
    Lancashire
    I am definately thinking about getting an Ibanez BTB556mp. As ever, i would love it if anyone could post a few comments on this bass. Tone, Quality, Finish, what the pu's and eq are like...anything!
    I was thinking about a Peavey Cirrus BXP, but this bass for me was much too tempting! :p

Any comments, I would be really grateful.
    Thanks in advance, Matt!!!!!!!! :D

2. BadBass

BadBass

Aug 11, 2005
    Lancashire
    Could anyone post some decent photos of a 556 aswell!
    :D thanks!!!

3. BadBass

BadBass

Aug 11, 2005
    Lancashire
    Cheers m8, anymore!lol

4. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    The 35" neck on these interests me, I'm looking at obtaining a relativley cheap 6 stringer and I loathe loose B strings with all my being. However I prefer my strings wider than 17mm. Damn. Gotta keep looking for a Cort Curbow to try to see what the B is like.

5. BadBass

BadBass

Aug 11, 2005
    Lancashire
    Exactly what I am looking for. I need a cheap 6er.
    My friend has an overwater elite, I love the tone he gets from it with the 36" neck!
    Any comments on the Ibanez though? :hyper:

6. fozzy

fozzy

Jun 21, 2001
    Riga, Latvia, EU
    Try it out yourself and decide, you like it or not.

7. BadBass

BadBass

Aug 11, 2005
    Lancashire
    I dont get much chance to play different basses, but I must have a good few hours on my friends basses like I say, as he has a ken smith which is 34" and an overwater which is 36", both 6 strings, and see how the tone and playability differ.

I will try out the btb in the school hols in about 2 weeks, just wanted a few opinions on what people thought about the btb556 just to keep me happy until then :D