1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BTB556mp

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BadBass, Oct 8, 2005.

1. BadBass

BadBass

Aug 11, 2005
    Lancashire
    I am definately thinking about getting an Ibanez BTB556mp. As ever, i would love it if anyone could post a few comments on this bass. Tone, Quality, Finish, what the pu's and eq are like...anything!
    I was thinking about a Peavey Cirrus BXP, but this bass for me was much too tempting! :p

Any comments, I would be really grateful.
    Thanks in advance, Matt!!!!!!!! :D

2. BadBass

BadBass

Aug 11, 2005
    Lancashire
    Could anyone post some decent photos of a 556 aswell!
    :D thanks!!!

3. BadBass

BadBass

Aug 11, 2005
    Lancashire
    Cheers m8, anymore!lol

4. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    The 35" neck on these interests me, I'm looking at obtaining a relativley cheap 6 stringer and I loathe loose B strings with all my being. However I prefer my strings wider than 17mm. Damn. Gotta keep looking for a Cort Curbow to try to see what the B is like.

5. BadBass

BadBass

Aug 11, 2005
    Lancashire
    Exactly what I am looking for. I need a cheap 6er.
    My friend has an overwater elite, I love the tone he gets from it with the 36" neck!
    Any comments on the Ibanez though? :hyper:

6. fozzy

fozzy

Jun 21, 2001
    Riga, Latvia, EU
    Try it out yourself and decide, you like it or not.

7. BadBass

BadBass

Aug 11, 2005
    Lancashire
    I dont get much chance to play different basses, but I must have a good few hours on my friends basses like I say, as he has a ken smith which is 34" and an overwater which is 36", both 6 strings, and see how the tone and playability differ.

I will try out the btb in the school hols in about 2 weeks, just wanted a few opinions on what people thought about the btb556 just to keep me happy until then :D