Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BTB's

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 6stringerbeaner, Nov 18, 2003.

1. 6stringerbeaner

6stringerbeaner

Nov 18, 2003
    Hello everyone this is my first post here. I have played 4 and 5 stringers but I'm currently moving up to a 6 stringer. I'm intrested in buying the I banez BTB406QM. Does anyone own this bass yet and want to comment? I think right now this is the price range I can afford. Any advice for a rookie 6 stringer would be appreciated.

2. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    i currently own the 5 string version and i've played the 6 string version and they're both pretty solid basses. The only problem i have with the six string was the onboard pre-amp. It wasnt really as effective or...good basically...as i like pre-amps to be.

THe slap sound was nice and the finger sound was very good for a Blues/RnB/Mowtown setting. String spacing was easy to get used to after the the fiver, so i think u'd be happy with it if you like the other models.

3. I played a 406QM in a store a couple of years ago. i loved it. if i had had money at the time, it would have been mine.

the one i played didn't have bartolini pickups, but apparently some do, and if you see one of them, it's the one to buy........not that the others are bad basses.

play it, see if it sounds like you want it to.

4. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    I've got a BTB405, and it's an amazing bass. I want to move up to 6 string as well, but I love my 405! It's really versatile and growly, EQ and PU's are awesome for the price. Feels great, looks beautiful, etc etc etc. You won't regret it!:cool: :bassist:

Although it is on the heavy side... even with a padded leather strap my shoulder still hurts...:meh:

5. 6stringerbeaner

6stringerbeaner

Nov 18, 2003
    I see it only comes in one color too.

6. cods

cods

Sep 16, 2003
    i don't like btb necks.

7. Anti_Social

Anti_Social Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    I have a 405QM, and I love it. I played a SG a week ago, and actually liked that more, mainly to a faster neck design, and the fact it's lighter. The only problem I have with mine is:

It's heavy. Don't plan on jumping around a lot.

Mine looks purple under stage lighting.

Otherwise, it sounds great in recording, terrific live, and is a very solid guitar. I haven't had a single problem with mine in a year and 1/2. Highly reccomended. I imagine the 6-string version is the same way. Oh, you'd better have large hands though. If not, go for the Soundgear line.

8. "BTB's are good."

-- Mr. Goody Good.