Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bubble Yum has arrived!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Alex, Feb 24, 2006.

1. For those of you who don't endlessly read every single thread in OT, I will give you some background:

We were talking about whether or not SNL is funny in this thread - http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225360&highlight=chronic+narnia

When Mike said
    I then proceeded to see the skit and not laugh.

Mike, a man of his word, proceeded to take me up on his promise, sending me apack of Bubble Yum rather promptly, I might say. After that one got lost in shipping somehow, he stayed the course and sent me another Bubble Yum saying
    After a long wait my Bubble yum finally arrived. Although I will say that what arrived was Hubba Bubba Max instead of Bubble Yum, which, to me, displayed such an appalling, inexplicable disregard for detail. However, Hubba Bubba Max is better anyway, so I forgive him. :D

This is some good gum!

Thanks Mike!

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Thank God. I can mark that off my worry list.

brad cook

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I knew Mike would come through.

4. Good. I stayed up last week worrying if it would go through.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Sheesh kid. :D

Bubble Yum was only available in a small package. You made it clear in your PM you wanted a LARGE pack of gum.

Picture the scene.........there I stood at a crossroads in the checkout aisle of my local Piggly-Wiggly. I had a stinky 85 year old woman in front of me trying to buy a six pack of Hamms with nickels, and behind me a raging pack of eight year olds with their despondent mother who was talking on her cell phone while the kids screamed for everything they could get their hands on. The pressure weighing in all around me.....do I stick with the brand I mentioned, or do I fulfill his wishes and get a large size pack of a different brand? Then it hit me.....WWMD?? DUH!! W-W-M-D!! What Would Mike Do?

Well....I would want the bigger pack. So I confidently grabbed the Hubba Bubba and slammed it on the counter, much to the dismay of the raging pack of maniacal eight year olds behind me. I stuck my tongue out at one of the young kids and showed her the gum I was buying. I left confident that young Alex would be happy with my choice.

I guess not, he threw me under the bus in front of all my internet friends. This despite the fact that I had to send a second pack since his neighbors ripped off the first pack. I think they did at least. I'm so ashamed.

-Mike

6. I must admit, I do prefer Hubba Bubba. :D

7. It was heart wrenching, I know. I constantly checked on its progress through the tracking number that Mike gave me. Astronomical relief engulfed me when I opened the package. It was here. :bassist:

8. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    Yea I was watching Cspan today and saw that there was a debate on Capital Hill whether to use capital punishment on the person responsible for the loss of the original pack of gum. He was apprehended at gunpoint by officials wednesday afternoon.

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Alright, cool. You do know what this means though, right?

Watch for a pack of Bubble Yum in the mail sometime in the next couple weeks you hoser! :D

-Mike

10. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I saw the skit and thought it was hilarious! i can't see how one can't find that amusing. i bet he was lying just to get a free pack of gum. Picture it...

*wipes tears from eyes*
    "phew, that was one hearty laugh. After I change my underpants i'll proceed to tell everyone that i indeed didn't laugh so i can get a free pack of gum... ingenious!"

just kidding, of course....;)

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    You had to go and make this a political thread...

brad cook

12. No, dude, don't! You take this crap way too seriously. Or maybe you were kidding...

13. Bleh. I watched it. American humour is... bleh. About as sutble as power metal. :p

Don't sweat it though, I don't like bubble gum either. :smug:

14. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    American humor isn't necessarily SNL or Mad TV... I find MAD TV to be usually quite obnoctious. SNL used to be decent, but its gone downhill. The best comedy these days is good standup and dave chapelle.:cool:

15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Too serious? Is that possible? When we are here talking about $5000 basses, $4000 amps, and $2500 cabs, what's a lousy pack of gum? :D

-Mike