1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bubinga NAMM MTD @ Bass Central

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jnprather, Jun 1, 2007.

1. I'm pretty sure somebody from talkbass needs to buy this, so that I can play it vicariously through them. Thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    LOVE the fretboard.
    Not so big on the Bubinga though.

3. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Just the opposite for me...like the bubinga, can live without the fretboard.

4. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    What Mike said.

5. vision

vision It's all about the groove!

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, La Bella Strings, and 64 Audio IEMs
    That MTD is like an updated Tobias...5 piece neck through design, and bubinga/wenge/alder body. Nice! Andrew Gouche just got a similar MTD 635 neck-through. I wonder how the electronics sound on that bass, Mike has them pretty much customized for the standard bolt-on models, I wonder if he tweaked the pre for the neck-through model.

6. Did they update their site or is that from NAMM 2002?? :p

7. I'm just blown away at a bubinga neck-through MTD... if they produced them regularly for a more reasonable price than that one-off is i'd probably buy one.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 27, 2021